Author Topic: Favorite Beer  (Read 351 times)

Bilgefisher

• View Profile
Favorite Beer
« on: October 28, 2011, 12:00:26 PM »
Whats everyone's favorite beer out there.   Here in Colorado we have over 105 Microbreweries with 1000's of beers to choose from.

MY favorite is 90 Shilling made by Odell's out of Fort Collins, CO.  Its a amber ale that goes well with most meaty meals.

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Social Lending Network
    • Email
Re: Favorite Beer
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 10:43:47 AM »
I am also in Colorado and I am partial to another popular homegrown brew: Fat Tire. If I am in the mood for something lighter then any German wheat beer is great. If that is not available then I will settle for a Blue Moon.
Publisher of the Social Lending Network

Bilgefisher

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 10:58:08 AM »
Can't go wrong with Fat Tire.  Its the first beer that made realize that there are far better choices than just Coors or Budweiser.

About 5 years I was out in Vegas.  I asked for a beer, the first one offered was Fat Tire.  Then I new that New Belgium had come into their own.

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Social Lending Network
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 09:08:20 AM »
Believe it or not I was introduced to Fat Tire at a Red Robin in Denver in the early '90's. Back then I don't think you could get it outside Colorado. Now, I see it everywhere. People are much more inclined to want good beer these days than the mass-produced stuff.
Publisher of the Social Lending Network

Bilgefisher

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 10:35:52 AM »
Even to the point where the big producers are buying some microbrews to stay ahead of the game.